Monday 18 July 2011

My Aim

Right here's my aims and targets for this blog. I really want to make this clear as I dont want this to be just any karate blog, I want it to have focus and direction.

Firstly lets get the boring bits out the way with first.
My Names Lewis, I study karate at Kaizen No-Michi School of Shotokan Karate in Grimsby (Link>>>http://kaizennomichi.co.uk/). The club I train at is affiliated to the JKS (Japan Karate Shotorenmei) and I am a Shodan grade (1st Dan Black Belt).

The reason for me starting a blog
Well, I'm at currently about to go into my third year at the University of Hull, where I study sociology, where I am getting ready to tackle my dissertation. I'm going to write about Karate and Modernity, or to put it simply, the way that karate has been changed by society and societies changes. This blog will hopefully bring discussion and new ideas for my dissertation.

What this blog will not do
I don't want to blog about 'karate politics'.
I don't want to blog about my own karate experiences, unless relevant.
I don't want to blog to offend anyone in my blogs.

What I want this blog to do
I want to blog to get people thinking.
I want to blog to shear my appreciation for karate.
I want to blog to steer my interest in Karate and society.
I want to blog to discuss the movement of karate-do.

My main aim is to allow people to think. If you have a comment about anything, Please join the discussion. The majority of discussions here will be mainly based on opinion, no one is wrong. So enjoy, interact and think.

Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lewis!
    It's interesting approach to Karate as a sociological phenomena. Reading your first post, an impression appeared in my mind, that Karate is not for improving fighting techniques only, but for better understanding ourselves and others ... All those exercises allow us better manage movements of our bodies, and by this ... better manage our thoughts, which leads to better understanding meanings of thoughts. By abiding strict rules, also our mind eliminates excess thinking ... It's like return to basics of thinking.

    For many years I have been searching "Words Theory" and Karate, is one of the means to find some answers.

    ReplyDelete